March is here and the sight and sounds of spring are all around us.
With the warmer days, March brings a wondrous and exciting time for those looking for things to do with kids in Los Angeles and Orange County.
With family friendly events celebrating the The Festival of the Whales, St. Patrick’s Day and The return of the Swallows to San Juan Capistrano, and a month-long celebration of Women’s history, there is surely something for everyone.
Check out the list below to find our favorite things to do with kids in Los Angeles and Orange County happening this March.
20 Things to Do with Kids in Los Angeles March 2022
- 3/3 Move your body with Kids Yoga On Deck at the Shops at Sportsmen’s Lodge
- 3/4 Listen to a bilingual story virtually with Ni Hao Global Story Time
- 3/5 & 3/6 Have fun at the Mulan Pajama Party at the el Capitan Theater
- 3/5 Be immersed in light and dance with the VOLTA: In Liquid Light Family Performance
- 3/5 Explore the USC Science Outreach Fair and see hands on science experiments
- 3/6 Delight your inner foodie as Smorgusburg LA returns for the season
- 3/7 Get creative with LA Kids and their free arts and activities programs
- 3/10 Travel back in time to the prehistoric and watch Dinosaur World Live
- 3/11 – 5/31 Celebrate the return of spring with Butterfly Season at the Kidspace Children’s Museum
- 3/12 Enjoy the start of the season with the Descanso Gardens Spring Bloom Tour
- 3/13 Attend Sunday Funday at the Wallis in Beverly Hills
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a parade in downtown Hermosa Beach
- 3/13 Fly a kite at the 48th annual Festival of the Kite in Redondo Beach
- 3/17 Join the Original Farmers Market L.A. for their St. Patrick’s Day Celebration
- 3/19 Go on a Fairy Hunt in Sherwood Forest and explore the magic of the fae
- 3/19-3/20 The Aquarium of the Pacific hosts the International Children’s Festival
- 3/19 Ride, scoot and skate at the 10th Anniversary Celebration of Walk ‘n’ Rollers
- 3/19 Celebrate Earth with music at the Let Earth Ring free concert
- 3/22 Learn about all things Grunion at the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium Grunion Fishtival
- 3/24 – 3/27 Learn and make fiber arts with the 10th annual L.A. County Yarn Crawl
20 Things to Do with Kids in Orange County March 2022
- 3/1-3/31 Strawberry picking returns to Tanaka Farms, pick your own fruit and enjoy an hayride at the family fun farm in Irvine.
- 3/2 Celebrate Women’s Day at Pretend City, learn about women in history as well as women making waves today
- 3/3 Participate in the Hinamatsuri Festival, a Japanese tradition to celebrate the healthy growth of girls.
- 3/4 Explore nature through story at the Little Seedlings Story Time at the Sherman Gardens
- 3/4 Enjoy Family Movie Night: Spongebob at the Crown Valley Amphitheater
- 3/5-3/6 Celebrate The Festival of Whales in Dana Point as the Grey whales return for their annual migration.
- 3/5 & 3/19 Kids 10 and up can enjoy a Beginners Archery Lesson in Miles Square Park
- 3/6 Celebrate Women Creators with Rock, Paper, Scissors: ¡DAMAS! at Segrestrom
- 3/10 See the future of STEAM at the FIRST Robotics Competition at the OC fairgrounds
- 3/11 Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a Leprechaun Hunt in Rancho Mission Viejo
- 3/12 The Swallows return to San Juan Capistrano with a parade, food and family fun
- 3/13 Join the Bower’s Museum for Celtic Festival a celebration of Celtic history and culture
- 3/13 Learn about spring with Tanaka Farms Chicks and Sprouts Educational Workshop
- 3/15 Go on a nature walk with OC Parks Toddler Treks: Spring Into Green
- 3/17 Join the OC Parks for their St. Patrick’s Day Full Moon Hike
- 3/18-3/21 The Boysenberry Festival returns to Knott’s Berry Farm
- 3/25 Listen to a story, play a game and go on a mini hike at the Laguna Coast Tot Walk
- 3/26 Become immersed in art and story at Lit to Life at LAM: Alani and the Giant Kelp Elf
- 3/26-4/16 Join the Irvine Park Railroad for their Easter Eggstravaganza
- 3/30 The Ballet Folklórico returns to the Segerstrom to dazzle and inspire
We hope you enjoy this list. Please check back here for more fun events and activities in Southern California. For additional resources please www.FranklinEd.com